This year the County Marathon will be heading off to the New Forest.
An exciting event led by Essex Scouts for members of Explorer Scouts, Scout Network and Leaders and SAS units. Putting your navigation skills to the test, County Marathon is an excellent event to train and develop your team work and hiking skills whilst having fun with your friends.
The event will cost £35 per head, and due to the costs incurred with this event, unfortunately, NO REFUNDS can be given.
Team categories for this year’s event are: –
• Explorer Scout Novice (Three categories: all boys, all girls, mixed)
• Explorer Scout Experienced (Three categories: all boys, all girls, mixed)
• Explorer Scout Assisted – Points / Experience / No trophy
• Network Novice
• Network Experienced
• Leader Novice
• Leader Experienced
Any team with the right amount of experience and determination can enter as Experienced, any team with two or more members who have completed two County Marathons previously must enter as an Experienced team.
To encourage less experienced participants, we have an assisted category, teams can enter and receive as much or little help from Leaders as they wish or need during the event.
- The County Marathon is an active, physically challenging weekend and participants must be well prepared.
- You will need a complete team of 4-6 members.
- Everyone MUST be booked in on site – NO later than midnight.
- Any Leaders who have some spare time during the weekend and would like to get involved, please contact Bob Bye or Emma Dell.
- Presentations at approximately 3.00pm with the event finishing at 3.30pm we expect that all teams to be onsite until this time, the teams of young people have worked hard to compete and this should be recognised by all those taking part.
- We strongly recommend that due to the strenuous nature of this competitive event, teams arrange to be driven to and from the event by someone not taking part in the competition.
For more information or to book and register please download the following letter and applications forms and return to firstname.lastname@example.org