1st Witham Scout Group celebrated its Centenary on 15th May 2010 and opened its doors to almost 200 people when they officially opened their new headquarters, partly funded by a grant from the Development Grants Board

The Scout movement as a whole was less than three years old, when 1st Witham became one of the first Troops formed in the area. Over the years many thousands of girls and boys have enjoyed countless activities with the Group.

The site off Newland Street has been owned by the Group since the late 1950’s and for much of that time