The County Training Team are planning on delovering module 10b practical first aid training over the weekend of 4th – 5th September 2021. This of course will be subject to change should Covid restriction dictate at that time.
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring training needs are met for all Leaders and Adult Volunteers, there is currently a review underway of how training is delivered and the structure of the training system around the County.
Views have been sought from a range of people around the County, including the training team members, Group and Section leaders, County Team members to name a few. We want to make sure everyone gets the best possible opportunities to learn in a variety of ways to complete the training that is appropriate for their roles and to learn new skills as they progress to support our youth members and each other. More news will follow as plans are formulated.
A brilliant weekend offering hill walking, lightweight expeditions and climbing. All lead by very experienced and enthusiastic leaders
Located in the beautiful Snowdonia area of North Wales, with indoor accommodation and half board catering.
Permit assessments are also available
Essential training for adults starting out on their leadership journey.
This module aims to cover the skills and knowledge necessary to enable adults to manage an incident and provide basic first aid.
- The principles of first aid and initial response (arriving at and managing an incident)
- Emergency life support (DRABC, and the recovery position)
- CPR, including technique for children
- Bleeding (major and minor)
- Causes and treatment of unconsciousness
- Heat exhaustion, heat-stroke, dehydration and hypothermia
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Minor injuries (for example, cuts, grazes and nosebleeds)